Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 6 of 30

Thankfulness...thats what i am thinking about writing today.

How often do we take a moment and are thankful for what we are, where we are and how we are. In the unlimited, unending list of complaints , the thankfulness doesnt find a spot in our thoughts.It is so typical of looking at things we dont have in a magnifying glass and while totally ignoring what we are blessed with. Wanting to grow and be better than where and what you are now, is good, its the fuel for growth but must be accompanied by the humility and appreciation of what we are already blessed.

I was mentioning the other day about me being upset about my comparing with others in terms of monetary compensation. While doing introspection, started to take a few steps backwards and said
well...i get paid on par with the industry -- why aint i thankful about it?
I have a job that doesnt put undue pressure on me - why aint i thankful about it?
i have a job - why aint i thankful about it?
suddenly my rant and feeling bad , dint seem that significant. Instead of feeling bad and sad, a choice could be made to be thankful and introspect and aim to grow higher by working harder and smarter, as opposed to putting all the energy in feeling bad.

Its not me, pick anyone you know, have a conversation of 10 mins and you will realise, how much this person is loathing not having something, some people ruin their whole day wallowing in self pity.

how often do we say this
I ate well today - am thankful for it
I have a place to call home - am thankful for it
I have someone who cares and loves me - am thankful for it
I have the comforts that make my life easy - am thankful for it.
I have the education and tools to find a job - am thankful for it.
I have a job - am thankful for it.

Once we start finding space for thankfulness in our thoughts, the outlook towards life changes.I must have been a teenager or maybe younger, when i would look at the ladies begging with a little one in their waist...my looks invariably went to the baby and i wondered why was he/she born to this woman? this woman made a choice of becoming a beggar...that kid did not, then why is he/she having to live a life like this? And suddenly i was thankful for my parents and the fact that we were well provided and the fact that food and shelter were taken for granted.This question led me to know what is 'karma'...

I saw an ad flashing when i went the read the hindu newspaper online, i clicked on it and suddenly a feeling of guilt came over, how mean could i be, for not being thankful for all i am given.Here is the link to the ad i saw
http://www.tuphschool.org/
If you have enough and have some to spare, please do share your wealth of love and a little money to the people who arent as lucky.

Will close today's blog by expressing my gratitude to everything and everyone, who has been the reason for what i am today.

1 comment:

  1. Meditation/looking within has helped me a great deal S, it is like there is so much to be thankful for.. if we do that nothing absolutely nothing can cause us any pain, discomfort whatever. All of us know it but those practice become Mahatmaas kada...

    ReplyDelete