Thursday, July 16, 2009

A story untold!

I think I have lived to see this day to tell this story.The story of my brothers and sisters,story of my race. We have lived on this planet from as long as I can remember, and my father and grandfather say the same.I know we have been here for a very long time, but my mathematical skills aren't good enough to put them in years.

The reason I wanted to speak out today is, I don't know how long I am going to be alive.The humans inhabiting this place seem hell bent in eradicating every one of us from this place.I should add the lady of the house isn't as heartless as the man of the house. He seems to absolutely hate us and the sight of us sends him into frenzy and he runs behind us and kill us with whatever his hand can reach. Well, at this time I need to mention at one of those times, he tried to kill one of my uncles with a glass and the glass broke , somehow my uncle escaped and that night he was given the honorary roach-knight award. The pride got to my uncle's head and next day he went out of our hiding place during broad daylight and the man of the house got him. He did live a brave life I must say!

As a precautionary measure, we have setup camps, to educate the young ones, the golden rules we teach them are

1.Never leave the hiding place during daylight

2.Learn to differentiate between sunlight and the fake sun light.(Well, these humans have come a long way, they have come long after my forefathers roamed this earth, yet in such a short time, they have learnt to create the fake sunlight in their dwellings!)

3.Breed. (I know this has been a taboo with older generations, but there is no other way to save our race than to multiply as fast as we can)

4.Never go into darker corners without a older member present with them.(These humans have come up with variety of ways to kill us and we need to tread with caution)

5.Food can wait, being alive is more important.(At times, the smell of the food drives some of us crazy and we rush out to get it and that's when the humans get us most of the time)

6.No fast food.Always find fruits and vegetables in the garbage(These humans eat such unhealthy food and some our brothers and sisters have reported illness as never before)

Recently I have noticed the lady of the house too getting harsh on us. Before she would just shriek at the sight of us, but now, she is running behind us to chase us out of our house.Yes I did say 'our' house, for some reason the lady thinks its just hers.And I sometimes ponder if she ever heard of the word 'Co-existence'. Really if only we tried, humans and roaches can co-exist peacefully. All we roaches need is a dark corner in the house.But somehow no-one gets it ...huh.

I am not sure, if I will survive long enough. I see black killer boxes all over the place. I cant bear to see how my brothers and sisters are dying just by going close to those.My loved one went venturing near that black box in spite of my warnings, and she is no longer with us. But before I die,I wanted to let the world know of our struggles for existence.We have the right to live just as any other species on this planet. Why are we being massacred in hundreds? But to all those who are listening(or reading) we will not give up, even if one of us survives and gets out of this place, we will outlive humans on this planet.And by the way, we aren't as stupid as humans who are trying to warm up the planet hot enough to drown themselves.

Oh god...I hear the footsteps, I need to rush back to the hiding place...no no, he got me...he got me.....

NOTE: Since we have started the green bin program to collect the kitchen waste, roaches have become a menace. We are trying all possible ways to get rid of them and when I saw a roach running as fast as it can to save its life, weird thought came to my over imaginative head which got translated to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment