Monday, June 15, 2009

Journey of Life - 2 - Out of the shell

For part 1 go here.

I was getting impatient why the eggs hadn't hatched yet.Everyday I would check to see if the babies had come.At one point I was worried thinking the eggs wont hatch.

This weekend, as usual went in to check and there I saw something moving under the pigeons, something in dirty mustard color, wanted to come out of mommy's warm protection.


I wanted to see the babies, but mommy wasn't ready to show them to me yet, as I stood there she looked me wondering why I was staring at her.I wanted to take pics of the little ones and was waiting for the opportunity.

I got tired and went back in and was sorting clothes for laundry and heard fluttering sound from balcony, went in, the pigeon was in the corner of the pot, looked like there was an unwanted visitor, as soon as she saw me, she flew away, leaving the little ones alone.

I was so excited that I went close to see the little pigeons, they hadn't opened their eyes yet.They looked nothing like adult pigeons, they were fragile and hairy but very cute.I ran in, got the camera, clicked some pics and waited the pigeon to come back.





5 minutes passed, no sign of her.I was getting worried for the little ones.
Went to D and narrated the whole story.As usual he yelled at me, saying I scared the pigeon away. I closed the balcony door and stood here looking from the window to see if she would come back

15 minutes passed.I was cursing myself now.'Why the hell did I go into balcony'.'Oh what will happen to little pigeons now' and just then she flew back in.And slowly got into the pot.


Huh...thank god and decided not to freak her out anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment