Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Journey of Life - 1

Wondering why I am getting all introspective and writing about life, sure it is about journey of life, but not mine, but that of a pigeon. Yeah you read it right,Pigeon

This week, when I was cleaning my balcony, clearing the dirt, to get my pots ready for planting. I had done one side of side and as I turned to do the other side, a pigeon flew from the corner. All the time I was there, I did not even notice it and I wondered it must be a brave pigeon to stay there until I got really close. As I got closer to that corner I saw two cute eggs in one of my pots...oooooohh...yeah I know, I did that too.







It was pigeon mom-to-be and was sitting right there protecting its eggs until I got close.I stood there seeing in amazement and by the way this was the first time in my life, I was seeing pigeon eggs.The poor pigeon was flying nearby and was trying to stay close, it dint know I was a friend.





I rushed inside and got my camera and took some pics of the eggs and just then D came back from work. I dragged him into balcony not letting him to even take off his jacket.He surprised too and told me to stay away from balcony and leave the pigeon and its eggs alone. I couldn't resist myself, stood there, pigeon came back and slowly got back in the pot,





but was still looking at me suspiciously, it was OK as long as I was on the other side of the balcony.



So we made a deal, that half of balcony is for the pigeon and the other half for me :) I cant wait to see the baby pigeons.

2 comments:

  1. aaahhhh....Soooo Cute :-) Wow!! I'm waiting to see the babies now....or should I drop by to catch a glimpse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hema, Sure come on over, Mommy Pigeon likes visitors :)

    ReplyDelete